Developer: Serif Labs
Current Version: 1.5.5
Last Updated: 3 days ago
Download Size: 258.9 MB - Download
** Apple Design Award Winner 2015 **
Professional Graphic Design Software for the Mac.
Affinity Designer is the fastest, smoothest, most precise vector graphic design software available. Whether you’re working on graphics for marketing materials, websites, icons, UI design or just like creating cool concept art, Affinity Designer will revolutionize how you work.
It takes full advantage of macOS technologies such as OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch, Core Graphics and is fully optimized for 64-bit and multi-core processors to squeeze every ounce of available performance from your hardware – so it’s seriously fast. Whether it’s a 100 megapixel image or the most complex vector drawing with thousands of curves, you still pan and zoom at 60fps, move objects in correct z-order and see live views of all adjustments, brushes and effects as you’re working with no compromise.
Experience the best PSD import engine out there – making it easy to collaborate with other creative professionals. Along with support for PSD, PDF, SVG, AI (PDF Stream), Freehand and EPS files you get all the flexibility you need so whether you switch to Affinity Designer for all your work, or just elements of what you do, it’s completely painless.
With professional color model support, full 16-bit per channel editing, real-time pixel preview, image slices, masks, adjustment layers and tablet support, Affinity Designer is a serious tool for creative professionals.
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps
• Live gradients, transforms, effects and adjustments
• Optimized for documents of any complexity, zoom to over 1,000,000% for absolute precision
• Live pixel and retina view of vector artwork, wireframe view, split screen mode
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design
Perfect color and output
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB and Grayscale color models
• Full 16-bit per channel editing
• End-to-end ICC color management
• Advanced Lanczos 3 image resampling plus Bicubic, Bilinear and Nearest Neighbor methods
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to
• Live effects, blend modes, image adjustments, and raster and vector masks for any part of your design
• Use the strengths of vector and raster behaviors for the best of both worlds
• The best pen tool, node tool, curve editing, geometry operations, and smart shape tools available
• Flexible text handling including comprehensive support for OpenType
• High quality raster tools for texturing, masking and finishing artwork. Create your own brushes too.
• Optimized workspaces give focus to design disciplines including web graphics, UI/UX, print, and concept art
Stability and bug fixes
Most Helpful Reviews
An amazing illustration app that replaces most of Illustrator and Photoshop for me. - I’ve been using Affinity Designer for several months now. It is excellent and a pleasure to use. I haven’t been this excited to learn new software since I first started working with Photoshop. It still has some growing to do but the developers are continually improving it and listen to all the feedback. For me Affinity Designer has become an almost 100% complete replacement for most of my design and illustration work flows (at home and work) which often involved swapping between Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Now I can do everything inside of Affinity Designer, from sketching, vector drawing, to pixel-based work. This has become another excellent creative tool for me along-side Sketch 3. Overall Affinity Designer is the best alternative I’ve used to Adobe Illustrator and is well worth every penny I spent on it.
Great promise, way short on delivery - I have used computer graphics programs, including Illustrator, FreeHand, CorelDraw and Canvas, for twenty-five years. When I first saw AD (Affinity Designer) I was impressed, especially with its similarity to Canvas, the best I have ever used. Unfortunately, I soon discovered that AD was missing the inredible intuitiveness of Canvas. In fact, I have struggled in the few months I have had the app to acquire the knowledge to satisfy my needs, to no avail. There is no user’s manual. The online forum was no help at all. I simply cannot find out how to do some very simple tasks with this program without just going through the very extensive menu system line by line looking for appropriate settings to tweak. There remains at this writing several issues that keep me from constructing a simple vector drawing and being able to manipulate that drawing with the tools provided. Two examples: I was not able to draw a straight line (a very simple procedure in most apps - simply click and hold, drag the line out to the proper length and then release the button leaving the line on the screen. When I released the button the line always disappeared and I could not find any help either in-app, from the manufacturers or from the online user’s forum. I had some graphics objects in a library that I created. Each object was built up of graphics elements and then GROUPed. Now, all of those objects cannot be ungrouped for editing. Really? That means I have to redraw them, with no assurance that the same thing won’t happen. I give this program 5 stars for promise, 1 star for usability, until (and if) the company makes it much more intuitive or produces a comprehensive user’s manual, at which point I would be willing to edit this review. Until then, find something else.