AV for NI 220 - Monark Demystified
Developer: ASK Video
Current Version: 2.0.2
Last Updated: 7 months ago
Download Size: 147.9 MB - Download
With its warm filters and unique analog characteristics, the Minimoog is on more classic tracks than any other synth. Monark, from Native Instruments, captures and expands upon the Minimoog's essence. Learn all about Monark right here, right now!
Monark is, perhaps, one of the best classic analog synth emulations we have ever heard. Harnessing the power of digital software design to accurately capture the essence of discrete analog circuitry, with all of its quirks and personality, is very difficult. Native Instruments was up to the task and has come up with a very powerful and authentic-sounding instrument.
In this course, presenter Matt Vanacoro takes you through every virtual knob and control. He explains the signal routing and shows you all the hidden functionality that makes this synth sing.
You learn about Monark's oscillators, modulators, filters and amplifiers and how they all work together in typical analog fashion to produce that classic sound. You also get an explanation of Monark's seriously cool back panel where the true analog magic happens. Here is where the Native Instrument design team has gone the extra distance. The back panel lets you add ultimate realism to your sound design by controlling the classic analog drift, tracking and distortion. WOW!
So dig into this deceptively complex synth with the awesome Matt Vanacoro as he shows you how to harness that analog warmth and add some heat to your productions!
Table of contents:
2. What is Monark?
3. Installing, Activating and Finding Monark
4. Reaktor Options with Monark
5. The Main Window & Toolbar
6. Analog Synth Signal Flow
7. The Control Section
8. The Oscillator Section
9. The Mixer Section
11. The Recorder
12. MIDI Control
13. Snapshot Morphing and Randomizing
14. Crafting Synth Sounds
15. The Back Panel
16. What's Next?
• Improved User Interface and Experience.
• Add your own notes to individual tutorials.
• View the outline and jump to any tutorial while playing video or from the Home screen.
• Mark your favourite tutorials.
• Take your learning experience full screen.
• Hide or show the tutorial outline whenever you want.
• Compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), and newer.