AV for Live 9 404 - Producing Techno and House
Developer: ASK Video
Current Version: 2.0.2
Last Updated: 8 months ago
Download Size: 505 MB - Download
This course starts with a series of tutorials that help you build efficient studio sessions with Live's default set template and new default track templates. Then you’re off to organizing the browser for quick access to your favorite sounds, loops and effects. Live's Session view is typically regarded as a performance tool, but Noah shows how to make full use of it in the studio for the most intuitive workflow possible.
Join producer and Certified Trainer Noah Pred on a production journey as he creates a House & Techno track from start to finish in just two hours with Live 9! Come along for the ride...
Looking at the new Audio to MIDI conversion tools and Ableton's deceptively powerful MIDI Effects, you learn how to generate new musical ideas out of thin air and then edit them like a pro with an in-depth look at Live's Audio and MIDI clip capabilities.
There are all kinds of crazy tips and tricks packed throughout the tutorial as Noah shows how to generate unique textures and hypnotic polyrhythms. You see how to create potent dynamic changes for stale loops and give them all unique swing timing with the Groove Pool – all non-destructively!
Once you've got enough ideas ready in the fertile sketch pad of the Session view, Noah shows how to record them into the Arrange view with maximum efficiency. From there, you see Noah's advanced arrangement and automation tricks that are sure to give you all kinds of new creative ideas.
Next he takes you through his Automatic Track Method to get you through the process of completing your track. Finally, you see how to use Live's newest effect devices to get the most out of your mix to make it as clean and warm or as trashy as you like it.
Through it all, you'll gain insight as to the motivation and discipline behind a hard working producer: it's one thing to jam out in the studio, but seeing your ideas through to a finished track is a whole other game.
Table of contents:
1. Configuring Your Default Template
2. Creating Default Tracks
3. Using the Browser
4. Choosing Your Sounds
5. Converting Drums to MIDI
6. Converting Audio to MIDI Melody
7. Converting Audio to MIDI Harmony
8. New Material From MIDI Effects
9. Recording Audio Clips
10. Recording MIDI Clips
11. Writing MIDI Drum Clips
12. Advanced MIDI Editing
13. Capturing Textures Via Returns
14. Hypnosis Via Polyrhythm
15. Recording Session Automation
16. Sound Design With Clip Envelopes
17. Adding Swing With the Groove Pool
18. Using 3rd Party Plug-Ins
19. Configuring Scenes to Record
20. Assigning MIDI for Live Control
21. Recording Your Sketch to the Arrange View
22. Configuring the Arrange View for Editing
23. Automating Your Arrangement
24. Split and Consolidate Editing
25. Freezing and Flattening
26. Transition Removal Edits
27. Adding One Shot FX
28. Clip Deactivation
29. Automating Return Effect Parameters
30. Part Exit Dubs
31. Basic Headroom and Levels
32. Bus Processing Compression, Saturation and EQ
33. Manual Compression
34. Expanding the Stereo Field
35. Adding Depth and Fixing Returns
36. Preparing Your Master Channel
37. Final Global Preparations
38. Polishing and Exporting Your Finished Track
• Fixed an issue that prevented the app window from opening in Mavericks.