AV for Live 9 103 - MIDI Recording and Effects
Developer: ASK Video
Current Version: 2.1.0
Last Updated: 5 months ago
Download Size: 484.5 MB - Download
Bill Burgess is one of the coolest trainers we know. That’s why we said YES when he offered to design this amazing course on MIDI in Ableton Live 9. Bill is an extraordinary teacher who delivers insightful nuggets of music gold. Pay attention and learn!
MIDI, in Ableton Live 9, is the essential life-force of of this deep DAW. It’s what makes Live tick and Bill Burgess has filled this course with tons of MIDI knowledge that is so insightful that it may change the way you compose, record and perform with Live.
This course starts off with one of the most intriguing looks at MIDI and the history of MIDI that has ever been created. This tutorial alone is worth the price of the course!
From there BIll jumps right into MIDI recording, overdubbing and automation. With the basics out on the table, you start getting into the grit of MIDI editing. Bill lays it all out, delivering a buffet of very cool techniques.
Next up, you get a some very hip MIDI tips custom-made for songwriters. These are designed to help you get you ideas into Live fast – without getting burdened with extraneous diversions!
From there, you’re off to MIDI FX where you get inside knowledge on all the very innovative transformations you can hookup to supercharge, arpeggiate, randomize and destroy any MIDI data in sight! Bill completes the adventure with a tasty little section on controllers, outboard synths and iOS integration.
So kick off your shoes and spend some time with the entertaining Bill Burgess and learn a ton about MIDI in Ableton Live at the same time!
Table of contents:
1. Introduction to MIDI
2. Setting up MIDI Devices
3. Recording MIDI
4. Overdubbing MIDI
5. Recording MIDI Automation
6. Unlinked Automation Envelopes
7. Basic MIDI Editing
8. Advanced MIDI Editing
9. MIDI Stretch Markers
10. Clip Speed, Inversions, Reversals & Legato
11. Duplication Techniques
12. The Time Commands
13. Building Chords With MIDI Step Programming
14. Velocity Effects: Fell Swoop Realism
15. Slice Audio to MIDI
16. Converting Drums to MIDI
17. Converting Melody to MIDI
18. Converting Harmony to MIDI
19. Building an Audio to MIDI Riff Finder
20. Build Your Own Groove Templates
22. The Chord Effect
23. The Note Length Effect
24. Pitch & Random Effects
25. The Scale Effect
26. MIDI Effects Racks
27. Re-Recording MIDI Effects
28. Saving MIDI Clips & Scenes
29. Custom Mapping the Computer Keyboard
30. Setting Up MIDI Control Surfaces
31. Custom Mapping Control Surfaces
32. Controlling Third Party Plugins With MIDI
33. Interfacing with Outboard MIDI Synthesizers
34. Setting Up iPad Controllers
• Improved User Interface and Experience.
• Add your own notes to individual tutorials.
• View the outline and jump to any tutorial while playing video or from the Home screen.
• Mark your favourite tutorials.
• Take your learning experience full screen.
• Hide or show the tutorial outline whenever you want.
• Compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), and newer.