Developer: Khoa Tran Anh
Current Version: 6.1
Last Updated: 9 months ago
Download Size: 16.4 MB - Download
ABC Player is a fast and powerful media player on Mac OS X.
It takes full advantage of OS X technologies such as OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch, YUV direct rendering, Video Decode Acceleration and is fully optimized for 64-bit and multi-core processors to achieve smoothest video playback.
• Support most of audio, video codecs.
• Support lossless audios.
• Support many subtitle types: SRT, ASS, SSA, SMI, MicroDVD...
• Auto-detect subtitle encoding.
• Support HD, Full HD, Quad HD (2K) and Ultra HD (4K) videos.
• Best image quality with Retina display (if available).
• Smoothest video playback.
• Stereo audio.
• Surround audio.
• Great 3D video playback. Users need a red-cyan, green-magenta or amber-blue glasses to watch 3D content.
• Beautiful audio visualization.
• Hardware video decoding if available.
• Multi-core video decoding.
• Low CPU usage.
• Low energy usage.
• Sleep or shutdown after playback.
• Great flat UI.
• Yosemite UI style on OS X 10.9.
Requirements for Ultra HD (4K) video playback:
• Mac 2011 and later.
• On Dual-Core processor Mac: Video file is encoded with H264 codec.
• On Quad-Core processor Mac: Video file is encoded with H264, H264 10bit, HEVC, HEVC 10bit or VP9 codec.
- Improve video playback.
- Improve 5.1 audio playback & add 7.1 audio playback.
Most Helpful Reviews
Wow! It really is “fast and powerful”!! - This app might not have the sexiest packaging, but don’t let that fool you!!! It’s amazing!! It played everything I threw at it with ease!! Even a 15gb avi file loaded immediately, looked fantastic, and was totally responsive— skipping around within over 2hrs of video was no problem. FLV, WMV, MP4 all worked perfectly. The interface is pretty much a basic player with playlist function— not a lot of extraneous clutter; but one feature it has that is is nice is ability to adjust aspect ratio.
ABC Player - I downloaded this player and spent 4.99 on the full version because the lite version said it exceeded length. The full video player doesn’t play MKV videos, so it was a waste of money. I’m very disappointed. Why didn’t it warn me in the Lite version that it didn’t support that type of video file?!