Developer: Beehive Innovations Limited
Current Version: 2.3.92
Last Updated: 3 days ago
Download Size: 21.8 MB - Download
** SALE - 50% OFF for a limited time only **
** App Store Best of 2013 **
GTD®, XYZ and everything in between - it can handle it all. Seriously.
See and believe: YouTube.com/The2DoApp
2Do lets you take a completely different approach to managing your tasks. With its extremely simple-to-use interface and a comprehensive and flexible set of powerful features, it lets you focus on what's most important to you: your life. There is no wrong way of using 2Do, and unlike other to-do apps, it won't force you in adhering to a particular task management methodology.
• Email to 2Do plugin, available in the iOS app
SIMPLE TASKS, CHECKLISTS & PROJECTS
• Create simple tasks, or checklists and projects with sub-tasks. Tasks can have notes, attachments and multiple alarms.
• Set any task to repeat using a flexible set of options.
LIST GROUPS, LISTS & SMART LISTS
• In addition to built-in Focus lists that allow you to conveniently view upcoming, starred or scheduled tasks, you can create multiple lists to manage and organize your tasks.
• Smart lists let you harness the true potential of 2Do using a number of search options, filters and search pre-sets. Using Smart Lists, you can create custom views of your tasks and use them to focus-in or find frequently managed tasks.
• Furthermore, related Smart lists and Lists can be grouped together using a List Group in the order you desire.
• Quickly focus on your projects and their sub-tasks and nothing else
• Access project view directly from the list view or using keyboard shortcuts
• Focus filters and sort options can be applied separately to individual projects using Project View
• Manage tags within Tag Groups.
• Easily assign tags to tasks and vice versa.
• Leverage the easy to use yet powerful integration of Tags & Smart Lists to filter on frequently managed tasks.
• Find Used vs. Unused tags with a click.
• Easily create, edit and assign locations to tasks
• Create powerful Smart Lists based on Locations
• Stay in sync with multiple Macs and mobile devices running 2Do using your favorite sync method over fast and reliable Push Sync: Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV), 3rd Party CalDAV Servers (iCal, Fruux, ownCloud etc) or Toodledo.
• Using Dropbox, you can keep multiple devices in sync seamlessly. Devices can be added / removed at any time.
• Using Reminders CalDAV sync you can keep 2Do and Reminders in sync as well as create tasks using Siri.
• Unobtrusive automatic background sync supported for Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV) and CalDAV.
• Save your thoughts as they come to you. Using a global hotkey, Quick Entry allows you to add tasks from any app or any Space.
• 2Do does it right. Quick Entry works even if 2Do was not launched or is not running in the background.
• Works just the way Quick Look does in Finder or other built-in OS X apps. Use the spacebar to zoom in and out of a task to preview notes, multi-line titles or other details attached to your tasks.
ALARMS & NOTIFICATIONS
• Stay on top of your tasks with alarms and notifications. Supports Notification Center as well as a built-in notification system which works even when 2Do is *not running*.
• Set up automatic alarms for your tasks.
• Your life is a private affair. Manage it by locking out individual lists or the whole app with a single click.
• 2Do values your tasks. Periodic automatic backups are created for you which can be transferred from one machine to another or from the iOS version of 2Do to the Mac and vice versa.
• Save & restore of external backups
• Adding and editing tasks is blazing fast using in-place editors and popovers
• 2Do supports both mouse users, by offering them numerous shortcuts, as well as keyboard power-users by supporting dozens of keyboard shortcuts
• 2Do won't slow down over time
* Fixed a visual bug where project list names were no longer showing below tasks in Focus / Search results
* Quick Jump bar now allows you to toggle between Exact string matching and the new fuzzy search added to v2.3.9 (read next)
* "Jump to List / Task" feature is now more powerful. Text is now matched against any sequence of characters across words, e.g. "ops" will match "Work Projects" ('o' from Work, 'p' and 's' from Projects)
* Restored support for 10.10 Yosemite - thanks for the feedback! You know who you are :D
* Performance improvements
* The 'Today' list now celebrates being clear
* Ongoing stability improvements
* Export tasks from all lists or a individually selected lists as CSV (File > Export)
* Upgraded to the new Dropbox integration for easier authentication-flow
* A number of bugs squashed
* Stability improvements as well as better disk / memory usage
Most Helpful Reviews
Finally, what I’ve been looking for!!!!! Switched from "The Hit List” and I’ve never been happier!! - I’ve been a long-time user of The Hit List because its user interface and features were the best out there. BUT, it was an app that never got any further attention from the developer (just read The Hit List reviews) so it eventually fell behind in the competition with mobile apps. I tried to find a replacement over the past couple years and tried: Things, OmniFocus, RTM, etc. Nothing filled all my needs and some of them were downright painful to use (yes, OmniFocus - I’m talking to you). THEN, I finally came across 2Do. I had tried it in the past, but it had been a long time. WOW, it has come a long way! It’s not as pretty as The Hit List UI, but 2Do is awesome and has all the power you want. I love the flexibility of the interface and how much customization and control you have over how you see your content. Sync works perfectly through Dropbox! The iPad app and the iphone app are spot-on. Is it a perfect replacement for The Hit List? No, but it’s 95% there. I will miss the super clean UI of THL and the ability to set estimated time for your tasks in THL (2Do team - I hope you’re reading this). That being said, it’s definitely worth switching. After several months using it, I’ve never been happier in my decision. Try it, you’ll love it.
No - I already told your blue dot I don’t want to go the review page. But it insists I leave a review. So my review is 1 star because I don’t want to be elbowed over and over into leaving reviews.