Developer: Beehive Innovations Limited
Current Version: 2.3.1
Last Updated: 9 days ago
Download Size: 22.1 MB - Download
** App Store Best of 2013 **
GTD®, XYZ and everything in between - it can handle it all. Seriously.
See and believe: YouTube.com/The2DoApp
2Do lets you take a completely different approach to managing your tasks. With its extremely simple-to-use interface and a comprehensive and flexible set of powerful features, it lets you focus on what's most important to you: your life. There is no wrong way of using 2Do, and unlike other to-do apps, it won't force you in adhering to a particular task management methodology.
• Email to 2Do plugin, available in the iOS app
SIMPLE TASKS, CHECKLISTS & PROJECTS
• Create simple tasks, or checklists and projects with sub-tasks. Tasks can have notes, attachments and multiple alarms.
• Set any task to repeat using a flexible set of options.
LIST GROUPS, LISTS & SMART LISTS
• In addition to built-in Focus lists that allow you to conveniently view upcoming, starred or scheduled tasks, you can create multiple lists to manage and organize your tasks.
• Smart lists let you harness the true potential of 2Do using a number of search options, filters and search pre-sets. Using Smart Lists, you can create custom views of your tasks and use them to focus-in or find frequently managed tasks.
• Furthermore, related Smart lists and Lists can be grouped together using a List Group in the order you desire.
• Quickly focus on your projects and their sub-tasks and nothing else
• Access project view directly from the list view or using keyboard shortcuts
• Focus filters and sort options can be applied separately to individual projects using Project View
• Manage tags within Tag Groups.
• Easily assign tags to tasks and vice versa.
• Leverage the easy to use yet powerful integration of Tags & Smart Lists to filter on frequently managed tasks.
• Find Used vs. Unused tags with a click.
• Easily create, edit and assign locations to tasks
• Create powerful Smart Lists based on Locations
• Stay in sync with multiple Macs and mobile devices running 2Do using your favorite sync method over fast and reliable Push Sync: Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV), 3rd Party CalDAV Servers (iCal, Fruux, ownCloud etc) or Toodledo.
• Using Dropbox, you can keep multiple devices in sync seamlessly. Devices can be added / removed at any time.
• Using Reminders CalDAV sync you can keep 2Do and Reminders in sync as well as create tasks using Siri.
• Unobtrusive automatic background sync supported for Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV) and CalDAV.
• Save your thoughts as they come to you. Using a global hotkey, Quick Entry allows you to add tasks from any app or any Space.
• 2Do does it right. Quick Entry works even if 2Do was not launched or is not running in the background.
• Works just the way Quick Look does in Finder or other built-in OS X apps. Use the spacebar to zoom in and out of a task to preview notes, multi-line titles or other details attached to your tasks.
ALARMS & NOTIFICATIONS
• Stay on top of your tasks with alarms and notifications. Supports Notification Center as well as a built-in notification system which works even when 2Do is *not running*.
• Set up automatic alarms for your tasks.
• Your life is a private affair. Manage it by locking out individual lists or the whole app with a single click.
• 2Do values your tasks. Periodic automatic backups are created for you which can be transferred from one machine to another or from the iOS version of 2Do to the Mac and vice versa.
• Save & restore of external backups
• Adding and editing tasks is blazing fast using in-place editors and popovers
• 2Do supports both mouse users, by offering them numerous shortcuts, as well as keyboard power-users by supporting dozens of keyboard shortcuts
• 2Do won't slow down over time
What's new in v2.3.1:
* When batch deferring or scheduling tasks, in addition to picking a date, you can now 'Postpone' them instead using an interval such as 1 day, 10 days, 2 weeks, 3 months and so on.
* Fixes a bug where the app may crash when batch tagging
* Fixed other stability improvements
This update comes packed with new enhancements, features and dozens of small tweaks that you will notice during the course of using the app. Each update continues to save those needless clicks, taps and multi-key presses.
* Touch Bar support for the new Macbook Pro
* Use Touch ID with the new Macbook Pro to unlock your protected lists
* When using the Notification center alert method, you can now complete tasks directly from alerts
* Optionally, auto-fill quick entry notes with text from the clipboard
* Option to set the Return key as a way of creating new tasks from Settings > Advanced
* Several new keyboard shortcuts to speed things up:
- Use 'X' on selected tasks to batch edit durations
- Use 'L' on selected tasks to append new tags
- Use 'CMD+O' to quickly toggle between showing completed tasks (based on your existing preference) and hiding them
- Use 'F' to quickly find and highlight a task within the list
- Use '/' to quickly enter Tag filter mode and type in the name of the tag to filter on
- Use 'E' to batch set due time / start times to task. If you've enabled auto-alerts at due times, this now enables you to quickly create alerts for multiple tasks at the same time.
- New shortcut for toggling Search Scope (Edit Menu > Find)
* Durations can now be set upto 90 minutes/hours/days/weeks instead of 60
* Keyboard shortcut added to toggle Search Scope
* When deferring / scheduling tasks, bottom shortcut buttons can now be accessed by keyboard shortcuts
* When using the Jump Bar (Keyboard shortcut: J) to switch between lists, 2Do now auto-collapses previously collapsed lists and groups
* Hitting Return after pressing 'D' to defer tasks now auto-selects the selected date
* When editing or creating locations, right-click to drop pin to the new location
* Right click on a List Group to colorize all contained lists in one go
* Fixed a bug where using durations with due dates would cause the task to appear as overdue at times
* Several bug fixes and general performance improvements
Most Helpful Reviews
Finally, what I’ve been looking for!!!!! Switched from "The Hit List” and I’ve never been happier!! - I’ve been a long-time user of The Hit List because its user interface and features were the best out there. BUT, it was an app that never got any further attention from the developer (just read The Hit List reviews) so it eventually fell behind in the competition with mobile apps. I tried to find a replacement over the past couple years and tried: Things, OmniFocus, RTM, etc. Nothing filled all my needs and some of them were downright painful to use (yes, OmniFocus - I’m talking to you). THEN, I finally came across 2Do. I had tried it in the past, but it had been a long time. WOW, it has come a long way! It’s not as pretty as The Hit List UI, but 2Do is awesome and has all the power you want. I love the flexibility of the interface and how much customization and control you have over how you see your content. Sync works perfectly through Dropbox! The iPad app and the iphone app are spot-on. Is it a perfect replacement for The Hit List? No, but it’s 95% there. I will miss the super clean UI of THL and the ability to set estimated time for your tasks in THL (2Do team - I hope you’re reading this). That being said, it’s definitely worth switching. After several months using it, I’ve never been happier in my decision. Try it, you’ll love it.
No - I already told your blue dot I don’t want to go the review page. But it insists I leave a review. So my review is 1 star because I don’t want to be elbowed over and over into leaving reviews.
More Reviews for Current Version
Excellent Task app in a crowded market - I’ve been on a long journey exploring a range of Task List apps, from Remember The Milk, Things, Wanderlust, Omnifocus etc. All of which after an initial flurry of excitement fell by the wayside. Issues ranged from overly complicated workflows, spotty syncing, simple tasks taking multiple taps, complex feature sets, unintuitive experiences or just plain unattractive UI's. However, 2DO has been the one solution I’ve kept coming back to and recently I made the decision to double-down on the app, purchased the desktop version to supplement the iPhone app and have never looked back. It’s intuitive, elegant, does all I need and frankly just works. I personally am happy to thoroughly recommend this solution for anyone looking for a task list solution they can grow into.
Lost without it - I keep track of almost everything in my life in 2Do. It’s seemless sync between my iPhone and my desktop helps me stay on track no matter where I am working. A truely amazing task list!
My Favorite Task Manager - Really enjoy 2Do! I have tried Wunderlist, Todoist, Clear, Things and some other smaller ones. This has been my favorite so far. Been using this with the iOS version for the last 6 or so months and have not experienced anything really negative or frustrating like I did with competitor apps. The app just works for me, and seems to have have everything I’ve wanted, needed or missed from others I’ve tried. It allows you to get as detailed as you want, or as simple as you want, and works smoothly doing it. On top of that, the developer was always very nice and responsive when I had questions, and also seems to be against subscription pricing like most other apps/companies are moving to. This was a HUGE deciding factor for me in purchasing both the iOS and Mac versions together and I feel it’s well worth the price. I wish the developer the best, and hope he continues on with this style of pricing, and also the amazing work being done with all versions of the app! Thanks!
Calendar Isn’t Showing Dots - The app is wonderful, but I can’t seem to see the dots on the calendar to show me the tasks I have coming up. I thought they were automatically added when you created a task, but I must be wrong.
Fantastic - A well coded, excellent app. It can be as simple or complex as needed. My only request is a complication for Apple Watch.