Developer: Autodesk Inc.
Current Version: 1.6
Last Updated: 3 years ago
Download Size: 48.7 MB - Download
With Autodesk 123D Make you can turn your digital 3D models into amazing real world creations made from cardboard, wood, metal, and other flat materials.
Get your designs out of virtual space and make them tangible. 123D Make converts any 3D STL or OBJ file into a cut pattern based on the material you specify and the size of the physical sculpture you plan to build.
Please note that in-app-purchases are not necessary any more.
- Build options
• Choose from multiple construction techniques; stacked slices, interlocked slices, or folded panels. You decide what look you want for your creation.
• Interlocked slices can also be defined along a curve or radially around an axis (great for rounded shapes like bowls).
• Folded panels can be assembled in a variety of ways; tab and slot, stitching, and many more.
• Define the size of your final real-world creation - create objects of any size you are able to cut!
- Modify Form
• Hollow out your model to cut down on final weight, minimize material use, or to create hidden cavities in which to hide treasures.
• Thicken your model to make thin parts easier to put together, or to give your model a cartoony look.
• Use the Shrinkwrap option to close up models that have holes, or smooth out fine details.
• Build plans are automatically generated based on the final object size and material you determine. Choose from preset materials or define your own.
• Animated assembly instructions let you preview how your sculpture will fit together before you cut, and can also be used to guide you step-by-step.
• Export your 2D build plans as EPS, DXF, or PDF files that are ready for cutting with everything from scissors to a laser cutter or a bandsaw.
- 123D Community
• Access the 123D Gallery to download models and projects shared by users around the world.
• Share your projects with other users to get feedback and iterate with the global 123D community.
-New Slice Direction manipulators with more control for Interlocked, Curved, and Radial construction techniques.
-New option to output nested slices to save material for lasercutting and CNC projects.
-Print directly to your installed system printer or laser cutter.
-Other bug fixes and improvements from customer feedback.
Most Helpful Reviews
More import options - This is awesome, but you should be able to import google sketchup models.
Sadly, IT”S UNRELIABLE and unsupported!!! - What a great idea right?! Use your phone to scan the image and upload. Phone scanning works great but once you do that, best of luck ever getting the images sent over to be calculated. Out of 10 scans, 1 would be successful. I would have to re-install the software and then I may be able to get scan. I posted over 6 months ago, this issue with 123D make. No one seems to be fixing the issue. No way in HELL I would spend money to upgrade on a premium membership. If they can’t guarantee smooth experience, I think they should go back to the drawing board. Sorry fellas - poor customer service - Top execs listen up -get priorities in order and create a flawless product!
More Reviews for Current Version
Unstable, unpredictable, but SO PROMISING!!! - I both love and hate 123D Make. When it’s working, it happily churns out production-ready slices from 3D models with ease. I love everything I’ve made with this application. You might too, but don’t expect a lot of help from the developers along the way. A few of the tools are somewhat intuitive, but the whole thing has a “rolled-out-before-it-was-ready” vibe. Autodesk's support pages for 123D Make appear to be 100% community-driven, and there’s not much there. In about a month of use, I’ve found that the software frequently finds inexplicable errors in models, and that these problems often that disappear with minor tweaks in model scaling. Also, it likes to crash. Hard. If it crashes on you, and stops loading ANY models at all, try deleting the entire folder "com.autodesk.mas.123dmake” from library/containers. It’ll wipe out the app’s preferences, but doing this restored functionality for me when nothing else would. Good luck, makers!
Great for fast laser cutting - The user face could be slightly better and easier to use but once you understand it its awesome at the abilities you can do. telling you how many sheets of material you need plus part count is wonderful.